Shooters Freehold

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Shooters Freehold! A place for firearms enthusiasts to gather.

Author Topic: Got a couple Sean Connery movies:  (Read 380 times)

Blammer

• Global Moderator
Got a couple Sean Connery movies:
« on: June 09, 2016, 04:26:14 PM »

The 1975 "the Wind & the Lion" with Candice Bergen & Brian Keath...Really liked the battle sequences, weaponry for the time period (1904) were correct - Kraig rifles & 1897 Winchester Shotguns, Colt 38 Longs for the US Marines & Kar 98 rifles & carbines in the hands of the German & Moroccan troops. Interesting that most of the troops used in the movie were Spanish Special Forces. & the Movie was shot on location in Spain.
 Also have "the Presedio" on order with Connery, Mark Harmon (before his NCIS run on TV) & Meg Ryan ... Love any flick with a San Francisco location :)
Most of the social history of the Western World, over the past three decades has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.
Thomas Sowell

kobs

• Reload=more PEW PEW
Re: Got a couple Sean Connery movies:
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:05:33 PM »

I like this guy too but just like when I watch Stallone movies or any other commiwood anti gun hero who lack the balls to admit that they made their careers with firearms, and screams ban guns every chance they get it leaves me beside the action as if I was watching something that doesn't fit, like a car chase with a Fiat.
I know I should enjoy the movie for what it is but I can't.
I wear a smile on my face but there's a demon inside - Five finger death punch