Shooters Freehold

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Shooters Freehold! A place for firearms enthusiasts to gather.

Author Topic: Started carrying my Solengen lockblade again.  (Read 787 times)

Blammer

• Global Moderator
Started carrying my Solengen lockblade again.
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »

Found it's formed leather carry case in a trunk so I can wear it on a pants belt. :)
Neat German workmanship, Stag handle scales with stainless steel bolsters, brass liners and handlepins.
2blade piece, both blades coming out of the bolster. The Large blade is the only one that locks open, 31/4" spearpoint marked "WEIDMANNSHEIL" in large etched script on one side of the blade. The small blade is a 2" sheepsfoot that does not lock open, but serves as an unlocking feature for the larger blade when you wish to close the large blade...no visible locking feature = the secret & what makes it a 'trick' knife is that you depress the small blade slightly to close the large one. ;)
Picked it up from a knife & cutlery shop in the early 80's, packed the knife & it's case in locked  trunks for one of my moves & recently unpacked that stuff so I'm wearing it again on one of my belts.
Most of the social history of the Western World, over the past three decades has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.
Thomas Sowell

budroe

• Administrator
Re: Started carrying my Solengen lockblade again.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »

I have several German blades I bought during my Army time there - all excellent craftsmanship.  That was a bit before blades were widely popular (at least in the America in areas I worked in).  While stationed in our Embassy in Paris we would frequently drive up to Germany for shopping and site seeing.  I bought a couple of Solengen fixed blades that friends have absconded with during hunting seasons.
Shoot, Move and Communicate!!!

deputy

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »

i had slipped into Odessa TX and hit the big 5 store there during the wife's family reunion......i could only take so much.

anyways, they had some pocket folders on clearance and i picked up a CRKT folder for $11............its called a Crawford Falcon. Medium size with a seperate lock on the back. I'm carrying this one for now. Clip is purty tough so i should not bend or break it for a while.....

Freehold Marshal

• Chief Site Admin
  • Administrator
    • shootersfreehold.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »

Scott, I've been carrying that Primble Stockman that you gave me for the past month or so. I've got it sharpened to to a razors edge.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?