Shooters Freehold

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Shooters Freehold! A place for firearms enthusiasts to gather.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What do you carry?  (Read 8101 times)

Freehold Marshal

• Chief Site Admin
  • Administrator
    • shootersfreehold.com
What do you carry?
« on: June 26, 2015, 12:49:51 PM »

Here are three that I sometimes carry
The top one is an inexpensive lockblade that I picked up a couple years ago even though it didn't cost much it seems to be solidly built and holds a good edge. One feature that I really like is being able to open the knife one handed.
Lower left is a Leatherman Wingman the knife blade is also one handed opening I really like Leathermans especially the way their pliers are designed spring loaded makes them real handy when stitching thick leather such as holsters and gunbelts I use the pliers for pulling the heavy harness needles through the leather. Lower right is a Kershaw multitool the most expensive of the three. I think I paid around $80 for it when they first came out. The knife blade is also one hand opening, this tool features a mini vice grip type locking plier. With the blade extended you can stab the blade into a stump or block of wood turning the tool into sort of a mini vice.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Brian45

Re: What do you carry?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »

I carry an assisted opening Kershaw clip knife. For some reason it doesn't want to open as easy as it used to and lube and adjusting the screw doesn't help any. I probably should contact them and see if they can fix it. I used to carry a Leatherman multi tool at work as it had the needle nose pliers that slide out easy one handed. I used it quite a bit when I didn't have my tools with me for some minor repairs. Don't have much need for it anymore and quit wearing it.
Sometimes I used to feel like I had Batman's utility belt on with all the stuff I used to carry.

Blammer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »

Got a drawer full of fixed blade knives I made from blade blanks from the late Bob Engnath... bought @ blade shows & refinished & hafted in bone & Ivory Micarta = got a little bootknife with handmade sheath that I scrimshawed with nice fantasy designs... got it in my desk. For evertday carry got a Ken Onian design CRKT  "Swindle" a one handed-open design with an intergal pocket clip, = fits flat in my front vest pocket.
 Don't carry fixed blade knives on my belt in my urban environment...some  liberal would call the cops before I got a block! = It's gotten so bad that you needto have a doctors note to even carry a onehanded knife
Most of the social history of the Western World, over the past three decades has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.
Thomas Sowell

budroe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:51:21 PM »

I have lots to choose from, but normally I carry an NRA folder with a 1/2" or 2" blade.
Shoot, Move and Communicate!!!

gunfan

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »

Victorinox Rambler, Case Chrome Vanadium Yellow Delrin Scaled Peanut, and a new KaBar USN Mark1 Navy Deck Knife (modern Chrome Vanadium 1095 carbon Steel blade with a Kraton handle,  KaBar stock #2221).

Any questions?   ;) 8) ;D

Scott
"The Administation of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy shouldn't interfere with the Administration of Justice" -Gunfan

"Living well is the best revenge". - George Herbert

deputy

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 07:09:58 PM »

Victorinox "soldier".......old style out of production. This is my "McGuyver" knife.

unfortunately i recently lost my yellow Case trapper.....that was my dress knife. Sounds silly, but besides dress shirts, pants, and even dress ball caps, i also had a dress knife........

when i need something big its my Gerber magnum LST......but i think they discontinued that series as well

Freehold Marshal

• Chief Site Admin
  • Administrator
    • shootersfreehold.com
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 07:39:23 PM »

I carried my Dads Case Stockman for a lot of years really hated losing that knife.

budroe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 08:38:49 PM »

I had a Case Stockman that was my Granddad's and my Dad's.  Had to leave it in Africa when we emergency evac'd with some Catholic nuns and missionairies.  After the way we left the area when we picked them up, we decided against going back to the capital to pick up our bags.
Shoot, Move and Communicate!!!

Sheepdog

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 02:11:37 PM »

I carry a Case Sod Buster with 3 5/8" stainless blade-I was born in the same town it was.

I carry a Stanley 10-049 folder that uses replaceable SS blades-for rough work/skinning wire, etc.
I carry a Milwaukee folding utility knife w/Lenox Ti blades-that's clipped to my pocket and for all work-related daily stuff-one-handed and good up a ladder.

jim_s

• Resident Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »

a Milwaukee folding utility knife w/Lenox Ti blades

I have a Milwaukee locking folding jab saw.  It takes any of the short sawzall blades.  Hacksaw to drywall saw in 5 seconds.

Jim
The United States Constitution 1787. All Rights Reserved
Sometimes I'm fast. Most of the time I'm half fast!
Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate
They should put more bacon in the package so there's enough for 2
facta non verba

Sheepdog

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 06:30:46 PM »

Wicked! Another "tool" that can get you home, and yet be innocent-looking.

I've used a Hyde 5-in-1 tool in my back pocket times when I couldn't carry-another evil little blade, if you think about it. The mind is the weapon-the knife is the tool.

Freehold Marshal

• Chief Site Admin
  • Administrator
    • shootersfreehold.com
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »

On at least one occasion a roofing hatchet has saved the day for me. That Milwaukee saw knife looks like a handy item to have.

Sheepdog

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 06:45:44 PM »

The only thing that stops evil is force-it'd behoove everyone to spend some time thinking about how to legally surround themselves with options. Having tools around helps a lot-unless you're an accountant.

jim_s

• Resident Curmudgeon
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 06:48:32 PM »

Wicked! Another "tool" that can get you home, and yet be innocent-looking.

I've used a Hyde 5-in-1 tool in my back pocket times when I couldn't carry-another evil little blade, if you think about it. The mind is the weapon-the knife is the tool.

I didn't get all the blade in the pic.  a 6tpi Lenox blade with a sharp point.  The finer toothed blades don't have near as sharp a point.

@$15.00 at Home Depot less blades
The United States Constitution 1787. All Rights Reserved
Sometimes I'm fast. Most of the time I'm half fast!
Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate
They should put more bacon in the package so there's enough for 2
facta non verba

Sheepdog

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »

I've got the same thing in a Lenox brand. Yours is a Milwaukee-that jabsaw blade is a fine friend-unless you slip while using it. I've also put the good triangle-cut jabsaws in a length of Pvc and carried them in my pocket-when wearing my work clothes and boots, complete with paint and drywall stains. We don't always like the areas in which we're working-and they don't always like us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4