Shooters Freehold

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Shooters Freehold! A place for firearms enthusiasts to gather.

Author Topic: Choice??  (Read 370 times)

budroe

• Administrator
Choice??
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:09:28 AM »

Why would any woman subject herself to this kind of danger and torment, when there's an obviously effective alternative??

Shoot, Move and Communicate!!!

TheChâtelaine

Re: Choice??
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 08:37:27 AM »

I'm a bit late with a theory, but here goes.

As some know I recently went back to school to finish a degree.  One of the non-classroom things I learned is just exactly how pervasive the indoctrination is, even at the college level.

Now mind you, I went to a small, private, Christian, "conservative" university.  Many of the traditional students came from the public school system.

As a group, the students were horribly unprepared for college level work, and had almost zero critical thinking skills. I routinely called teachers on their B.S.  Fortunately I could present a rational, calm counterpoint, so it affected my grade exactly once (which was changed when I threatened to go to the head of the department.)

With that background, here is my theory.

Most young women today are taught from the cradle to be afraid.  Of lots of things but two especially.  One is that the 'right' to an abortion will be taken away, and the other is guns.

During the last election cycle, when Trump won, there were a number of female students who could barely function the day afterwards.  It came up in my music history class and one young lady broke down in tears saying she was going to end up barefoot and pregnant in some red-neck's kitchen.  It would have been hilarious, except that she really believed that.

I asked her why she thought that, and she couldn't articulate her fear.  But she was afraid.

People tend to be afraid of things they've never been exposed to.  How much worse is it when they spend most of their childhood in gun-free zones (schools) that attract every psycho with a grudge? And every time a school shooting happens the drumbeat is to remove guns.  No one in the mainstream press even puts the idea of arming teachers or security guards out there.

All these girls ever hear is "guns are scary and only bad guys and misogynists have them."

I once told a group of students that I own more firearms than my husband does, and that I'm a better shot.  Not bragging, those just happen to be the facts of my situation. 

It intrigued a couple of young women who I then took shooting.  a third stopped speaking to me and another told me that I was caving to the patriarchy.   ::)  After I stopped laughing, I told the last young woman that the patriarchy didn't have any power over me, since I don't do a damn thing I don't want to.  I also told her that I didn't believe the patriarchy had any power anymore.  But that's an entirely different conversation.