Shooters Freehold

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Shooters Freehold! A place for firearms enthusiasts to gather.

Author Topic: I recommend one of the Colonial assisted opening Model 7001 knife.  (Read 2001 times)

gunfan

This knife's blade is 440C that's been hardened to 58 Rc hardness. The blade holds a decent edge and snaps open with the slightest nudge. I really appreciate the low cost. At a retail of $24.99 this edged accoutrement is well worth the price of aquisition. Since this fast opener iegal in all areas, the convenience of one-handed opening is more than just "handy" it can be of inestimable value when you have but one hand available to produce a blade now! Best of all, it has a Lifetime Warranty and all of the knife's parts are made in the good old U.S. of A..

If you value money, convenience and reliablity, I'd suggest that you buy one. You'll really like it.

Scott
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:43:49 PM by gunfan »
"The Administation of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy shouldn't interfere with the Administration of Justice" -Gunfan

"Living well is the best revenge". - George Herbert

Freehold Marshal

• Chief Site Admin
  • Administrator
    • shootersfreehold.com
Re: I recommend one of the Colonial assisted opening Model 7001 knife.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:16:33 PM »

I like one handed opening knives and sometimes carry one on a belt clip.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Sheepdog

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »

Knife laws can be tricky. We have one set for state-and a few cities have more restrictive laws which make even less sense. I favor wiping all the prohibited weapons laws out, and, instead, making the punishment for those who misuse ANY knife so stiff that most would be afraid to do it. 

I'm in favor of the assisted opening and the automatic. I used to carry  a Puma folder in my back pocket that was smooth  enough it would open and lock with the flick of the wrist. The knife was legal-unless you were caught opening it that way. Too much grey in the law. Glad to see knife laws relaxing quite a bit.

gunfan

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »

Knife laws can be tricky. We have one set for state-and a few cities have more restrictive laws which make even less sense. I favor wiping all the prohibited weapons laws out, and, instead, making the punishment for those who misuse ANY knife so stiff that most would be afraid to do it. 

I'm in favor of the assisted opening and the automatic. I used to carry  a Puma folder in my back pocket that was smooth  enough it would open and lock with the flick of the wrist. The knife was legal-unless you were caught opening it that way. Too much grey in the law. Glad to see knife laws relaxing quite a bit.

The SCA was bull$#it in 1958, and it's bull$#it today. You'd like it in Oregon, open carry of Auto knives is perfectly legal.

Scott
"The Administation of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy shouldn't interfere with the Administration of Justice" -Gunfan

Sheepdog

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 07:18:13 PM »

If you think what the Feds did to us in '58 was bad-it wasn't NUTTIN' compared to what they did to us in '68! I'd druther they just leave it all alone-punish the guilty and let the law-abiding be-not keep writing more restrictive laws that only affect those of us who're behaving anyways.

Punish the guilty hard enough-it'll slow 'em down.

Freehold Marshal

• Chief Site Admin
  • Administrator
    • shootersfreehold.com
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »

I couldn't agree more. They also need to get rid of the NFA of 1934 and its stupid restrictions.

Sheepdog

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »

I forgot that one. A lot of non-LEOs had Tommy guns back then, though-good folks. There's some interesting reading. Uncle Sam sure screws up most of what he sets out to "fix".

gunfan

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 08:21:03 PM »

If you think what the Feds did to us in '58 was bad-it wasn't NUTTIN' compared to what they did to us in '68! I'd druther they just leave it all alone-punish the guilty and let the law-abiding be-not keep writing more restrictive laws that only affect those of us who're behaving anyways.

Punish the guilty hard enough-it'll slow 'em down.

Hell, I was there! Although I was but 13, I remember it well.

Scott

Sheepdog

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 03:57:27 AM »

I had an "arrangement" at the gunstore within a few blocks of my house-he'd lay the state gun log (now known as the "bound book" on the counter and go into the back-when he came out, my Mom would have come in, signed the log(me being 18-19, and left-he never got to see her. I gave him the cash, and left with the gun. One sad day, he explained that our "arrangement" had to end-I'd bought just under 15 handguns- on Monday, because the '68 Gun Law was going into effect, and he wasn't doing Federal time over a few gun sales. Saturday, I plunked down $61.50 and walked out with a brand new S&W Model 58. Life was never the same. I couldn't buy another handgun till 1970, when I bought a HiPower while home on leave.

Since then they've piled law upon law-and the gun crime rates have gone higher and higher. What started bringing them down was when they've made it legal for GOOD FOLKS to carry in their cars and on their persons. The bad guys don't want to get shot. I haven't seen ANY stats on knife crimes-guess they don't care enough to put them together-but I'm sure the trend will be the same.

Kicker for me is the quality of the spring assist knives is much higher than the old switchblades that we used to carry-and I'm sure the automatics will be even higher quality.

deputy

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 08:20:08 AM »

for whatever reason, i have never really got into the auto knives or the spring assisted knives.

be it a left hand thing, or just not comfortable with the concept.....i have tried but in truth its probably more of a fear that i will hurt myself.

but colonial did have this one and it looks to be about my speed and my needs......providing i don't go with the gerber bear gylius version of it.

Freehold Marshal

• Chief Site Admin
  • Administrator
    • shootersfreehold.com
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 10:31:54 AM »

but colonial did have this one and it looks to be about my speed and my needs.
I've got two of those, both with USN markings. Gave one of them to my uncle a WWII Navy vet.

gunfan

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 11:00:56 AM »

Made by Colonal 440C steel (in the U.S. of A.). Lifetime Warranty. Price, $24.95. Good quality knife, reasonable cost.

I have 4 Colonial knives and enjoy them.